Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pixar Smackdown: Round Four


When I first thought of calling these posts Pixar Smackdown, I never thought that one of the movies that I think is amongst Pixars best would be smuck downed so hard, and by a little cute fish no less, but that is what happened, because the winner of round three was...
Yep, Nemo totally trashed* Wall*e in the biggest vote landslide to date, (it was 6 to 2 incase you were wondering, wow, that is so, underwhealming). This is the first time that the movie that I picked actually lost. Now before anyone starts ranting at me in their heads, (or out loud for yous** people who are really into this for some reason) I will say this, I think Finding Nemo is an incredible movie, but I just think that Wall*e is better, mainly due to the... well, I think I will just use my friend Ben Peltz's answer for picking Wall*e, "Its scope and its cultural commentary is massive for what is billed as a kids' movie." and I total agree with Ben on this, (Ben also has an awesomely smart blog on Google+, click the link and check it out, after you finish this of course), but the rest of you voted for the clown fish and company instead, so that is that.

Ok, now that that is out of the way, onto round 4. First up is my second favorite animated movie of all time***, which is about the daily lives of superheros, and their friends and families. Of course I am talking about...
The Incredibles is, well, an incredible movie, for lack of a better word. It is funny, has great action and a realistic depiction of what
 could happen to a "Super" once they can no longer be super. Add to that the great voice work and direction from Brad Bird and a little fashion designer saying, "No CAPES!" and you have one...(I am trying not to say incredible, but I really want to) amazing movie, but can it possibly compete with a "precision instrument of speed and aerodynamics", well thats up to you, cause it is going up against......
Who knew that race cars and tow trucks could be so entertaining, but they are. Cars is often over looked among its Pixar brethren,
 cause, well, lets face it, it has cars that are humans, but are,......cars. Some people have trouble with this, I am not one of them. I for one think Cars is great. It is funny, has one of the most memorable Pixar characters in Mater, (I totally knew that Larry The Cable guy would make a great tow truck the second I heard my first Git R Done) and made a whole lot more fans for nascar. It also looks fantastic and has a great moral about thinking of others before yourself.

So there are your choices, superheros or automobiles. Now, for a friendly reminder.
                    We here at Jesus Was A Browncoat So I Aim To Misbehave,
                     (which is really just me, but it sounds cooler if I say it that way,
                     cause you might envision a room filled with really awesome yet
                        overweight funny mega geeks that are working around the clock
                        to serve your humor blogging needs.****) are looking to crown
                        the best Pixar movie ever, so when voting, please don't just vote
                        for your favorite, pick the better made movie, and to make sure
                         your vote counts, you have to place it in the poll on the right side
                   of the page. Thank you for your patronage and participation.

So get voting everybody, and if you are in Ontario, Canada, today this goes doubly for you, because it is election day here, (and you should see some of the parties that are out there that you can vote for. There is one that has their main goal as legalizing marijuana, I think they are called the Happy party, or was it the Munchies party, I can't remember, but I am pretty sure they would be really funny to watch if they ever got in*****) So until next time, remember, your left shoe goes on your left foot, and don't be tricked into thinking otherwise, or you'll just end up walking in circles, and no one wants that, so keep both shoes on the right feet, (I mean, correct feet), and you will be able to stay on the straight and narrow. Until next time, blog at you later.
Possible foreshadowing? Who knows?
*I did two awesome things there, first, I used some great "T" alliteration, which is always nice, and secondly I said Wall*e got trashed, which might actually be a use of irony, but I can't be sure of that, cause irony is a tricky thing to get right, especially if you are a female canadian pop singer, but that is another story.
**Yeah, I meant to say yous, so stop correcting me in your head already.
***Incase you are wondering what the number one is, you can find it that answer in my Best Movies Of All Times List.
****That would kinda make me the Steve Jobs of the operation, which I only bring up because I do all my writing for this thing on my iPad, and Steve Jobs passed away today, so although I never met you Steve, from the bottom of my heart I want to say thank you for all you did, rest in peace.
*****Sorry, but its never gonna happen.

5 comments:

  1. Voted in the ontario election, as well as your contest. Incredibles all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bear: incredibles because its such an awesome twist on a super hero movie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out Peter! This one seems hands-down to me... Incredibles is a winner. Cars, for all that it was a solid movie, seemed to me to be the most kid-ish of any Pixar movie. Or at least, it was until Cars 2 came out, which I understand was pretty mediocre! (Haven't seen that one yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say that Action Comics are definite forshadowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say that I have to vote Cars for sure. And the sequel was AMAZING too. You never see sequels that are as good as the original. Gotta love Cars!

    ReplyDelete